Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Feature: Katie Like Me

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>katielikeme.com<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

1) How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since late 2011, so almost 2 years now. Time surely does fly by!
2) What got you started in fashion blogging?
When I was in college, I was walking into the cafeteria and a girl stopped me and told me that she loved my outfits and wanted to know if I had a blog. I told her I didn't, and she told me that I should definitely have one. So, that night, I created one on Blogger. Before that, I was active on Lookbook, but I never really posted any looks because I didn't have the money to afford it. Now I post at least twice a week. So, thank you anonymous girl at Butler, you changed my life!
3) Is there someone who helps you with your blogging (friend, photographer, co-blogger, etc.) or do you do it on your own?
I do all of my blogging by myself. My boyfriend has helped me twice with photos when my tripods weren't available, but most of the time, I write, style, photograph and edit all of my photos myself.
4) Who are your favorite style icons?
I would have to say that my style icons are Karen Gillan, Pre-Bleach Miley Cyrus, Chloƫ Grace Moretz, and Alexa Chung.
5) How would you describe your style?
My style sense can be described as edgy meets preppy with a bit of classic kitsch thrown in there for good
measure.
6) What got you interested in fashion?
I would have to say that the Internet attributed to my interest in fashion. When I began my adventures on the internet, I was 14, and on websites like gurl.com and Seventeen, reading articles, because I had no interest in games back then, and I was too young for MySpace or Facebook, according to my parents. So, I would read articles like "what dress should you wear for the first day of school?" and "how short is too short?". Also, I was involved in theatre my whole life, so seeing plays and watching Broadway documentaries made me want to be fashionable like they were. 
7) Do you have any signature pieces?
Anyone who has seen my blog would know my signature piece is a bowler hat and my faux leather skater skirt from Forever 21. I love them both so much and I abuse them.
8) Who are your favorite designers?
Alexander McQueen and Jean Paul Gaultier are my two favorites designers.
9) What are your favorite brands?
I'm a huge fan of Divided from H&M and also Trend from H&M.
10) Favorite and least favorite trends?
My favorite trend right now is flower crowns, though they're cliche. My least favorite are the asymmetrical origami napkin folded short things from Zara.
11) Makeup, skincare, and clothes you can't live without?
I can not live without drugstore red lipstick, Cetaphil, Burts Bees anything, and black skirts. 
12) What is the biggest fashion crime you have ever committed?
Wearing a fitted tee with leggings and tennis shoes. 
13) Who are your favorite bloggers?
Annika from Pineneedle Collective, Lauren from Someone Like You and Wendy from Wendy's Lookbook.
14) Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers, Lookbookers, or fashionistas?
Be yourself. Don't try to replicate others and don't become a carbon copy.

If you fell in love with Katie and her style like I did, find her on BloglovinLookbook, and Instagram. Don't forget to keep up with her amazing blog katielikeme.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment