Saturday, January 18, 2014

2014







First of all I'd like to apologize for the quality of these photos. This was a bit of a spontaneous shoot, and as you can tell they're not my best pictures. Also, I SWEAR the eye makeup and lipstick combination looked less disastrous in person, and I wasn't trying for the raccoon/walk of shame look.

Enough of that! In terms of the actual outfit, I think this is definitely going to be my 2014 go-to look. While skinny jeans will never go away, boyfriend jeans are a fresh update on the classic, and a mighty flattering and comfortable one at that (yes, you just read flattering and comfortable in the same sentence). I'm really into pairing these jeans with over sized tops: over sized tees, sweaters, and button-downs specifically. I'm also in love with black and white plus denim--I think the denim adds a lot of beautiful texture to an otherwise potentially drab outfit. This boyfriend look can get very masculine very quickly however, so adding heels, a bold lip, and some statement jewelry are a sure fire way to add that perfect touch of femininity.

As I said here, I generally suck at thrifting. Although, the more I do it the more I'm getting the hang of it and learning to love it! These boyfriend jeans are actually just thrifted straight-legged jeans in a size too big that I snagged from my local Goodwill, and the white button-down is a super soft J.Crew top that was a mere $10! How could you turn down a deal like that?

Boy Shirt (thrifted) J.Crew | Heels JustFab | Blazer H&M | Statement Necklace Target

I hope you liked my post, and thanks for coming back after my little blogging hiatus! I really appreciate anyone who reads this, so leave your blog link in the comments below and I'll be sure to check out your blog. Remember, I always follow back!

xo

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment