Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mariah Carey's Slings at the MLB Super Storm Sandy Benifit

While shooting the video for her new music video, Mariah Carey dislocated her shoulder while falling off a platform.

But Mariah would never let a little injury get in the way of her fabulousness.

This past Saturday when Mariah performed alongside the New York Philharmonic for the MLB Superstorm Sandy Benefit, not only did she have 3 different dresses, but she had 3 matching equally glamorous arm slings to match. She posted on Twitter later Saturday night "It was truly an honor to perform with world renowned NY Philharmonic. In spite of the pain, I wouldn't have ever missed this moment. Thanks for helping me get through it and sharing it with me. Love, MC." If I ever break my arm, I will be sure to give Mrs. Carey a ring to see if I can borrow her sling.

Mariah was not the first one to glamorize her injuries with a designer sling. In February, Diane von Furstenburg broke her shoulder in three places during a skiing accident. However, she still showed up to the Vital Voices Awards Ceremony in an arm sling featuring the signature Furstenburg chain link pattern. 

Now you know who to call when you break your arm! Nothing like a couture sling :)

xo
Audrey


No comments:

Post a Comment