Saturday, April 27, 2013

Flashback: Outstanding in my Field

Hello everybody!

Since my blog is still pretty new and my Lookbook is older, I thought I would cycle through some of my older looks and label them as Flashback.

This look was from a while back, January 31 to be exact. I was actually sick that day, which explains my face and hair. And the photo quality was actually pretty bad for some reason. I thought I wouldn't be able to salvage it, but there's nothing Photoscape cannot do. :) There are not that many photos, just because it wasn't my best shoot. But there are still a few goodies. Please excuse the overly bright light...WHY CAN'T THE SUN BE DARKER? WHY MUST IT SHINE SO BRIGHT?

Anyways. Now for the actual outfit.

I love turtlenecks of all kinds, as you will soon find out. I have many colors of regular long sleeved ones, then a couple of sleeveless crops, then this regular sleeveless, and I'm about to get a long sleeve crop and a cold shoulder long sleeve crop. I just love them. They're comfy, weather versatile, old fashioned but modern, and chic. I experiment with styling them with so many things, and they always seem to work perfectly. This particular one is "vintage." Aka a hand-me-down from my mom. But it's vintage because she wore it in the 80s, so it still kinda counts. It's a nice twist on the classic turtleneck, and although it's thick, it's light so perfect for spring. It will most definitely be making some more appearances soon.

These American Apparel chambray jumper pants are also one of my faves. I actually got the pique version in mossy green a while ago, and I have a few Lookbook looks with them (The Go-To OutfitSeeing Stars, and In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated. There will most likely be Flashbacks for all of these) which all also include turtlenecks, coincidentally. As stated in The Go-To Outfit, turtlenecks and jumper pants are my fashion backbone. I wear them much more than I should, and since there are so many variations of them I somewhat get away with it. But these pants are amazing, and go with almost anything. I really hate jeans, so I'm always looking for stylish alternative pants and these are definitely that. They're so cute and fun! Plus, I can wear them to the studio and stretch in them before ballet class. Ballet power!

I hope you like it!





And if you haven't already, don't forget to Hype on Lookbook!


Chambray Jumper Pant American Apparel

This is completely off topic, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm currently in the process of making my own galaxy print shoes! I'm using this tutorial (with some slight modifications) from the Time for Teabeads Blog, which I think may no longer be in existence...but anyways. I'm super excited about them and will definitely be posting pictures once they're done.

Thank you guys for reading, and I'll try to keep these posts coming, but no promises. As stated in previous posts, I will follow back on Lookbook, Bloglovin, Polyvore, and Blogger, but if you want to be followed back on Bloglovin and/or Blogger, I would suggest commenting on one of my posts with your URL because it's harder to follow back on these ones.

Don't forget to follow me on LookbookPolyvoreBloglovin, and Blogger!

-Audrey
aka The Sarcastic Wasian

No comments:

Post a Comment