Thursday, April 11, 2013

Target Cosmetics Haul/Reviews



Hey everyone! For my first haul, I decided to do Target Cosmetics. Probably hauls in the future will be pretty similar, seeing as I love makeup and clothes yet don't have the money to buy super nice ones. But I do have to say, I particularly love Target. First of all, they have some cute basics which are way cheaper than other more popular stores, and they have a really wide variety of makeup. I also find that the quality of makeups at Target or CVS compared to, say, Sephora are not all that different. Anyways. So here's my haul!

As I was writing this, I realized that it was turning into a bunch of reviews with pictures, so I kind of took advantage of it and embraced the concept. So, I officially give you my Target Haul with Reviews. Snazzy, I know.

WARNING: These photos were taken on a webcam and therefore are of minimal quality. For future hauls and other picture posts I will try to do it on a real camera. But for now, the colors come out more pale then they are in person, so keep that in mind...
And also, please excuse my awkward face.


First up: a new EOS. Personally, I have extraordinarily chapped lips. Like so chapped that if chap stick is not applied every 5 minutes, they peel and bleed and hurt. So I am always in search of a good chap stick and therefore have about 1 million. EOS lip balms are one of the best so far. They keep my lips moisturized without being too liquidy, and they stay on without being too waxy. Plus, they come in awesome flavors. This one that I just got is the Pomegranate Raspberry flavor, and I love it just as much as my others (Strawberry Sorbet and Summer Fruit) so far.







My next item is a bronzer from Milani. I've been on the lookout for a matte compact bronzer for a long time, because my current one is not only loose powder that gets everywhere, but it's very sparkly and makes me look like a sweaty mermaid. I do believe however, that bronzer is a very important part of my makeup collection and it is also very important to stage makeup. After buying this, I realized that it is not, in fact, matte, but that's okay because it doesn't have that much sparkle, especially in comparison to my last one (L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale All-Over Mineral Glow. Don't get it). Still on the lookout for a matte one, but this one will do for now.




Next up is Maybelline New York's Baby Lips in Quenched. This is definitely a part of my never ending quest for more lip balm, and also a newer quest for moisturizing lip color. I was expecting more of a tint, but it is still a very good moisturizer and will probably try again in a darker shade for more color. It feels so good though! Generally I try to stay away from Maybelline because I think in general their products don't have very good quality, but I have to say Baby Lips is definitely an exception to the rule. I bought it on a whim because I have so many friends and family members that gave me rave reviews on it and I definitely am a Baby Lips believer now. Maybe I'll check out more Maybelline products in the future...because maybe it's Maybelline. (I know. I'm so hilarious.)





Again, part of the quest for moisturizing lip color. This lipstick definitely does the trick. It's like putting on chapstick! So smooth and a really pretty color, although I have to remember to not get so many nude shades. I have a medical condition where I am afraid of getting a bad lip color, because that seems to be the only kind I'm capable of getting. So now, when buying lipsticks, I must spend at least an hour comparing the shades, holding them to my face, and pondering. I always think that brighter/darker colors won't look as good, but neither will light colors, so that leaves me with nudes that I think are darker than they are. This lipstick and the next one ended up being the exact color of my lips. It looks nice and matte and natural, but I still don't really have any good reds or pinks. Anyways, I'm going off topic! This lipstick is so nice and smooth and I need it in every single color it comes in!





So even with all of this talk of lipstick and lip color, I don't really have one. Or at least not one that I can wear outside the theatre. Again, my fear of bad lip colors made me get this lipstick in a nude color as well, but again it still looks great and feels the same. Would totally recommend. I just need it in another color...
Blushing Nude Super Lustrous Lipstick | Revlon





I've actually gotten this eyeliner before, and it's become somewhat of a staple of my makeup bag. I in general don't like pencil and crayon eyeliners too much just because you have less control over the line size and thape. This liner so versatile in terms of the lines it is able to make and it will come off with water and a good rub (which is good for me because I always mess up). I also love the felt tip! It makes it less wet than a brush applicator does which is really handy for the last minute makeup fix. It also makes my eyes look big and beautiful and all of that other good stuff. Get it. It's an amazing eyeliner and your life will change (for the better) after you start using this.

So that's it for my Target Cosmetics Haul with reviews! Feel free to comment below with anything you might want to say. I cant tell you how appreciative I am of anyone who reads these overly long posts! Thank you so much for sitting through it :) Don't forget to go to the top of the page to follow me on Bloglovin'!

Thanks again,
~Audrey
aka The Sarcastic Wasian

No comments:

Post a Comment