Saturday, April 6, 2013

Say Hello to the Sarcastic Wasian

I'm Audrey, and I'm the Sarcastic Wasian. I thought I'd tell you a bit about myself to start off this blog with a bit of a sense of direction. Not that I'm too familiar with those.

Speaking of a sense of direction, I don't really know where to start with this post. I guess I'll start with the basics...?

My name is Audrey, and I'm 13 years old. My birthday is on July 11 (7/11), which means that I was born on Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay whut up) and I'm a dancer at San Francisco Ballet School and Oakland School for the Arts. Dance takes up most of my life, but in the very rare occasion that I have free time, it is usually spent blogging, watching TV shows, Netflix-ing, Lookbook-ing, shopping, reading, looking at online stores (because I never actually have the money to buy anything), and finally, doing geeky stuff.

What geeky stuff?

I know I said in the header that I will try to spare you the details of my geeky alter-ego, but come on. This post is about me, so it's going to be the all-inclusive me. Anyways, I watch Star Trek, maintain a steady 4.2 (because an A- is an Asian F. Yes, I am still Asian), have science specials and NOVAs occupying most of the bookmarks on my laptop, read Astronomy magazine, write English papers about quantum mechanics, read books on theoretical physics, and (don't judge me)...

...I wear a headgear.

As you can probably tell if you're still reading this and not face-palming, face-desking, or face-anything-ing, I am the textbook geek. And honestly, I'm actually kind of proud of it. I don't know. I love being a geek. It's fun. We have Star Trek, math, and Nutella. Join us!

Okay, enough with the geek talk. Sorry about that.

What I really love but don't get to spend a lot of time on is fashion and beauty. This is what I'm mainly going to devote this blog to, so I have somewhere to channel my girlie girl/fashionista side.

I am a dancer, so I've been putting on makeup for performances since I was about three. Not to say that stage makeup is anything like street makeup, but I've definitely learned my tricks of the trade and way around the makeup aisle through stage makeup. Needless to say, my makeup is a lot more subtle than most people's. I believe in enhancing natural beauty, not creating artificial "beauty." I put that in quotation marks because I think that the more artificial, the harder people try, the denser the makeup, the less beautiful it gets. However, I do think that makeup has the ability to enhance beauty that is already there, and if applied correctly, can have a stunning outcome.

My style really reflects me and my personality. I feel like my clothing really expresses me as a person, and you can really tell a lot about me from my closet. The following are a few things that really influence my personal style.

I've always loved Audrey Hepburn. At first it was because we had the same name, then it was because I liked her movies, and now I love her because she was a beautiful and humble person with a great sense of humor and style, and was an amazing actress and dancer on top of that! Because of this love and respect for Audrey Hepburn, I love old fashioned, classy, sophisticated, and chic looks. I think another reason why I am so infatuated with these looks is my mother was quite the fashionista in the 70s and 80s, and since we are about the same size, I've always gotten a lot of her awesome clothes and jewelry. However, this is 2013, and I love a lot of more modern trends as well.

Dance influences everything I do, including fashion. I'm always wearing my dance clothes underneath my regular clothes, I never wear nail polish because my dance schools don't allow it, my earrings are usually studs because I cannot wear dangle earrings to class, my hair is always in a bun, and I often wear things that can double as warm ups in the studio. The final product can be very...interesting. Also, as stated before when I was talking about makeup, I learned almost everything I know about makeup from dance.

I've also always had an unhealthy obsession with hearts. As long as I can remember, I LOVED hearts. And, in elementary school I made an oath to wear at least one heart to school every day. Have not yet broken the oath. Nowadays, my classmates make bets on me, so not wearing a heart is not only a disgrace but will cost me some money. It's usually just a necklace or a pair of earrings, but if you look hard enough, they're always there. 

I think I've definitely rambled more than enough by this point, and now I think anyone who has stayed awake throughout this whole thing may know more about me than I do myself!

Anyways, goodbye dear reader(s), thank you so much for taking out the time to read my blog, I really do appreciate it and promise that it will, in fact, get better. In the mean time, it would really mean a lot to me if you followed me on Bloglovin' here: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6830649

Thanks a million!
~Audrey
aka The Sarcastic Wasian


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6830649/?claim=rr9qhz3dp8p">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment