Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Feature: in the making


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yenbirao.blogspot.com<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
1) How long have you been blogging?
I started with my blog last January 2012 but didn’t really take it seriously until June 2013.

Little Miss Girly
2) What got you started in fashion blogging?
Hmmm. I’ve always loved dressing up and modeling since I was a kid, but was so shy to do it in front of other people. So when I learned about this thing called fashion blogging, I thought, well maybe this would work for shy girls like me. Haha

3) Is there someone who helps you with your blogging (friend, photographer, co-blogger, etc.) or do you do it on your own?
I wish I can do it on my own so I can stop disturbing other people. Haha But sadly, I can’t. My boyfriend helps me in taking and editing my pictures, designs my blog and proofreads some of my blog posts.  If he’s not available, our house help is the one who takes my picture.

4) Who are your favorite style icons? 
Blake Lively, Kate Moss and Victoria Beckham.

5) How would you describe your style?
My style is usually casual and laidback. But when I have to really dress up like for an occasion or event, I go for the modern classic ensemble.

6) What got you interested in fashion?
I love shopping and dressing up. It’s my stress reliever.

7) Do you have any signature pieces?
My denim shorts, cardigans and black clogs.

8) Who are your favorite designers?
Birthday Girl
Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs and Veejay Floresca.

9) What are your favorite brands?
Topshop, Zara, H&M and Forever 21.

10) Favorite and least favorite trends? 
My favorite trend is the classic black and white. I also love the crop top + high waist bottoms combination. My least favorite would be, I think, the plaid (esp. red combined with other colors)

11) What is your favorite feature?
Hmmm. My eyes and legs.

12) Makeup, skincare, and clothes you can't live without?
I have very sensitive skin so I really can’t live without my dermatologist’s skin care products.  As for make-up, I’m still experimenting and looking for the right one that would not irritate my skin, but so far, I love MAC lipsticks and Body Shop’s foundation. For the clothes, denim pants and shorts, loose shirts, cardigans and flats.
Forever Young

13) What is the biggest fashion crime you have ever committed?
Haha. Wearing clothes that aren’t for my body type.  And also overdoing the print on print.

14) Who are your favorite bloggers?
Nicole Warne, Chiara Ferragni, Rumi Neely, Julie SariƱana, Camille Co and Tricia Gosingtian.

15) Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers, Lookbookers, or fashionistas?
Just have fun, guys! Fashion is for everyone! Don’t stop doing whatever it is that you want to do with your personal style. Keep on experimenting. As for the bloggers, keep on blogging and inspiring people! I didn’t really expect fashion blogging to be this fun, but I’m really enjoying it a lot right now! J

Loving Shayne Birao as much as I am? Follow her @yenbirao on Instagram and Twitter, yenbirao on Lookbook, and of course on her Blogger blog, yenbirao.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment