Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Proenza Schouler at Barney's New York

Proenza Schouler Fall 2003
As stated in my last post, since my blog is new I'm going to be doing a lot of experimenting, and I just want to thank you in advance for being my little blog guinea pigs :). What I want to try now is posts about what's going on in the world of fashion. Fashion is an ever-changing world, all about staying updated and fresh. I want to be able to keep my readers fresh on current events in the fashion world. I would love to hear feedback on these types of posts and whether or not I should continue to do them!

Proenza Schouler's debut collection, fall 2003, has stood the test of time and is still looking as fabulous as ever, even after 10 years. Designers Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCullough think so as well. The deep colors, intricate seams, and metallics make this collection exceptionally great. The designers are not the only people that find this collection exceptionally great. Apparently many people have approached them expressing their love for this collection. Hernandez and McCullough were running out of reasons not to revive this stunning collection where many of the pieces are still of high fashion today.
Bustier: $5,650 Skirt: $850

They ran out of reasons. Plus, the designers just won their third CFDA award for womenswear so the timing couldn't have been any better. This revived and slightly updated collection goes on sale exclusively at Barney's later this week, who also happened to be the first retailer to buy Proneza Schouler.

If you're like me, these pieces won't be attainable without a lottery win or illegal activity, but they will still be available at Barney's New York later this week for us to drool over. But don't actually drool on them--it may cost you a few thousand ;). If they show up on the Barney's website I'll be sure to post pictures of the much-anticipated collection ASAP.

Thanks for reading my experimental post! Follow me on Polyvore, Twitter, Lookbook, Bloglovin', Google+, and Google Friend Connect! I would really appreciate any feedback you can give regarding how you liked this post and whether or not you would like to see more. Feel free to comment below or email me at thesarcasticwasian@gmail.com.

xoxo

Audrey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment